Monday, April 20, 2009

Hanoi city, Vietnam

I am back. For more than a week actually. Was busy un-packing luggage, washing the mountain like amount of laundry, souvenir giving and of course, back to my 9 to 6 job. So how did I enjoy my trip? Well, it was mentally re-charged but physically discharged. Got myself a 2 hours feet and body massage the next day I came back but I don't feel like enough. 

Alright, back to Vietnam. My friend and I arrived at Hanoi in the afternoon and someone picked us up from the airport and checked in to Especen hotel. Good to know that our room was on the 5th floor and for your information, it doesn't has lift service >_<. So we started doing warm up exercise on the first day already. While waiting for our 2 other JB girlfriends arriving at night, we went to explore the city first since we have only two short days in Hanoi.   


This is the first lunch we had after searching for a few streets and have no idea what to eat. We finally stopped at one restaurant which seems to have more crowds and used our body langugge to order our food. The meehoon is meant to be eaten by putting it inside the bowl of soup with grilled pork, and mix it with some raw vege. Er...I wouldn't say it is very delicious but good enough to fill our hungry stomach. 

 
The rest of the afternoon we covered some of the main attractions like:


Hoan Kiem Lake - big lake surrounding by a park and benches where the locals chat around, play chess, do exercise, and you even find a lot of models and couples having their photo shoot here


Thang Long water puppet show - it is so called a must see in Vietnam but I personally find it a bit boring. 1st class ticket selling at 60,000 Dong and 2nd class at 40,000 Dong (USD 3.5 or 2.5). The tickets sold out fast, so if you want to watch the show, get the tickets earlier.


Ly Thai To statue 



Souvenir shopping 



Ho Chi Minh musuem and mausoleum - It was already closed when we arrive at the museum. However, this is the place to showcase Ho Chi Minh good deeds and life, a leader where every Vietnamese pay thier highest respect to. 


St. Joseph Cathedral - This cathedral is just less than 5 mintues walk behind our hotel. Happened to pass by during their Sunday prayer. Aleluyah~~~~


2 comments:

StellaHo said...

Hey yo!! I won't eat the meehoon i think. I would bring my maggi mee over. Hehe.. Did you buy any souvenirs for me???? Miss you so much here. Jason was here for the Easter and he was driving me crazy. However, we went out shopping a lot and makan a lot. Super fat now. Muakssssssssss.. Upload more photos!

elaine hua said...

hey hey hey~ I bet you won't love the place. Too much of walking and sun tanning, of course i bought souvenirs for you, choose anything you want from the pictures above...hahaa! p/s Jason: you better treat my darling good, or else I will take her back from you! watch out dude ^_*

Post a Comment