Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My Daughter

and her name is Duraisamy Suriya...

hah? you married? somemore your daugther got Indian name? you married to Indian ah? 

haha..thanks god I am not married and haven't go through the suffering 9 months of pregnancy and I have got a 10 years old ADOPTED daugther, from India. 

I came across this Child Sponsor Program somewhere by World Vision and found out to be kinda interesting and register myself to be a mama. =) 

The condition is that you may choose to sponsor a minimum of 1 child (or more) and send a monthly gift of RM 50 to help the needy. However, this RM 50 doens't goes directly to the child family but to World Vision and they will combined the gifts from other sponsor and help the community in terms of health, education, health care, food and whatever neccesary.  

You may also choose a child from your preferred country such as Thailand, Myammar, Indonesia Cambodia, India or China. For me, I didn't specifically select a destination and up to them to assign me a child who needs help from whichever country. 

Upon your registration with the Child Sponsor Program, World Vision will send you a guidebook and your child's photo within one month.
 
Here it comes...my daughter's photo

Her life must have been so tough that she forgets how to smile

She is from Tamilnadu, India and the place is suffering from poor sanitation, low income, poor infrastucture and high alcoholism. I have also learned that an average income of the families in that area is from Rs 1,000 (USD 20) to Rs 1,200 (USD 24), which is equivalent to about RM 72 - RM 87. I am so sorry that I can easilly spend their one month living expenses in 1 or 2 days time.

And within 3 months after registration, you will receive a letter from your child. This is what my daugther wrote for me.


This is like alien's writing and I can't even understand a single word she wrote. But not to worry lar..the local representative will be kind enough to translate the letter to English. Here are the translated version.

" Dear Sponsor,
Greetings!

I take great happiness in introducing myself to you through this letter. Thank you very much for having selected me to be your sponsor child.

My name is Suriya. My age is 10 years. I am studying well. I love to eat "Uppamav". Playing is my past time. My father's name is Duraisamy. My mother's name is Sundari. My elder sister's name is Vennila. My friend's names are Santhiya, Nayanthra, Nilani, Tamilselvi, Geetha. Thamarai Selvi.

Thank you for coming forward to help my family, my community and me.

Thanking you,

From D.Suriya"

Ou...and she even sent me this.

How sweet...

RM 50 can be spent blindly eating and shopping but this RM 50 I send every month worth like a gold to them. 

Strongly recommended to all of you! Check out World Vision website at: 


2 comments:

Tey Cindy said...

aww... that's a very honorable deed indeed! kudos~! ;D

elaine hua said...

jadezheng, wow...thanks for visiting! never expect that..cheers~

Post a Comment